Get It at Target!

Monday, January 17, 2011

MLK Day, Moka's Way


Today everyone is celebrating Martin Luther King. As a african american woman, who has been taught the importance of civil rights and equality for all since birth. Martin Luther King is a man whom I feel like I've known since I've known myself. Along with many other important black figures memories I was raised to respect . It makes me happy to see the world is catching up in it's thinking of  respecting and paying omage to a man's memory who fought so hard for all of us to just have equality without discrimination. This is not something that has been drummed in my mind to accept and recognize in society. It's always been a way of life for me, a given, and it's always felt like an honor to know and learn about a courageous man who fought for me even before I was born, so that I could have equal rights as any other human being. Regardless of race, color or creed. My point being, society is catching up to something that has always been second nature to me.I relaxed most of the day but here in SL I chose to go to a Craig Lyons performance this evening. Craig is a very talented singer and I love his voice.When you go to his show, Craig is singing in his studio live and you can turn on the video and watch him sing as well as listen. Of course I did both. I think I have a crush on him too.Correction, I know I do. Not only is the man cute in real life, but his avatar is cute too. Craig played his usual fabulous tunes and he did a salute to MLK in one of the songs. I thought that was awesome and I drunk every word of it.When I say MLK, Moka's way, I mean I spent time with two of my favorite men today.It was very nice. As for Craig Lyons,the man with the velvet voice, look for him in Manhattan City sometime soon.Peep these pics. Hope you enjoy them like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment